Mr. Trump has announced the demise of the Dreamer Policy. Well, take that, Barack Obama!
Apparently, he figured out that the traditional Friday Night News Dump was just too predictable, so he decided to give the bad news to 800,000 people - young people and children - on a Sunday, during his proclaimed "Day of Prayer". Probably as soon as he got out of church.
But if I were a Dreamer, I wouldn't start packing yet. Because President Cheese Ball has given Congress six months to come up with a replacement policy.
Which is quite a dodge.
Think about it:
- The "base" will be ecstatic (because they won't understand it).
- And Congress will craft some "new" policy.
- Which will be exactly the same as Obama's policy.
- With a few changes thrown in
- So that - somehow - rich white people will be able to make money off of it.
- Trump will also be ecstatic (because he won't understand it, either).
- And he will announce his new policy as "historic",
- In the Rose Garden, surrounded by his whipping boys,
- Who will gaze at him adoringly,
- While mentally calculating how much bourbon they're going to need until 2020.
That's my prediction.
Post a Comment