As I've said before, whenever our questionably elected leader does something so appallingly stupid and/or loathsome that the news can be full of nothing else, it's a good idea to look around and see what more might be happening in Trumpsylvania.
As we all know by now, the United States has chosen to ally itself with the great intellects of the governments of Syria and Nicaragua on the subject of climate change.
It doesn't get much more appallingly stupid or loathsome than that, though I hate to leave the challenge open to Mr. Trump and the other passengers in the White House clown car, because I'm sure they'll find a way to top it.
Here is a short list of issues that surfaced while we were all gawking in disbelief yesterday:
- Mr. Trump's ethics waiver binge.
- The Nigel Farage Saga - starring Steve Bannon, sundry Russians, Brexit, Wikileaks...some good stuff here. I'm beginning to detect a pattern.
- Jared Kushner's claim that Donald Trump thinks Republicans are stupid, which might indicate previously undetected brainwave activity in Donald's little orange head.
- A notable drop in business at Trump's golf courses.
- Trump's fake Twitter followers. Sad!
Now, if my spider sense is working correctly, I surmise that articles #1 and #2 are going to be be big news soon. I'm also going to surmise that articles #4 and #5 are the only ones that really bother Mr. Trump.
Oh, and my spider sense is also telling me the the U.S. withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord has a LOT to do with the fact that Emmanuel Macron is younger, smarter, stronger (we've got that on video!), more sartorially elegant, better educated, more articulate, and MUCH better looking than Donald Trump. Oh, and President Macron's wife seems to really like him a lot, too.
Just a guess.