Recently I have had the honor to be the recipient of TWO awards, bestowed upon me by the ever-brilliant and supremely talented ROSY. I am a HUGE fan of Rosy's blog, www.sewingadicta.com, and can personally vouch for her artistry with a sewing machine, having ordered a custom-made skirt from her Etsy store, which turned out to be one of the best things I've ever done in my life. HIGHLY recommended, trust me, you won't be sorry!
The two awards are:
and I am honored, flattered, and wracked with Catholic-school guilt about all the bad things I've ever done in my life. The Catholic-school guilt is a natural by-product of anything good that happens in the lives of people who were subjected to a Catholic-school education, and can only be overcome by going out and getting drunk. Which is why Catholicism puts a lot of emphasis on the Marriage at Cana, and has no real problem with alcohol consumption by its constituents.
In order to accept these awards, I must:
- Tell my readers 7 things about myself (get ready for the thrill); and
- Pass on the awards to 7 more bloggers, who inspire me (no problem there).
1. I was born in Oklahoma, "where the wind comes sweeping down the plain".
2. I know how to belly dance, though WHY, I've never figured out.
3. I have a secret identity as a jazz lyricist, and you can buy a CD here. But if you write to me, I'll send you one for free.
4. My father-in-law worked for Al Capone, which means that my recipe for pasta fazool is the real deal...
5. ...AND he was the newspaper reporter who took the very first photos of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre (aaah, Chicago!).
6. I was a cheerleader. And my squad won the 1970 Chicago City Championship.
7. I can run a Tilt-a-Whirl AND make cotton candy, having worked at an amusement park in my degenerate youth.
(Drum roll, please), I am now passing along these awards (acceptance subject to the same conditions, above) to:
Now I am worthy.
First time in my life. Thank you, Rosy!